The Film + Digital Content program features an exclusive curriculum developed by Hollywood studio executives and industry experts with a holistic approach to film production, entrepreneurship, and original content creation. Our students are immersed in screenwriting, directing, sound design, cinematography, producing, pre-production, and post-production through an intensive series of collaborative and mentored projects designed to facilitate compelling, professional digital content.
Directing students also complete advanced studies in directing, script-to-screen and all areas of post-production while concurrently producing their capstone directing project. All final short film projects are mentored by industry professionals—who personally advise each student—from initial concept through final screening.
Hussian College LA Campus offers numerous online platforms through our industry partnerships for selected digital content created by our Directing majors to have their work featured to a large global audience as well as exclusive studio internships only available to our students. Our Directing students are immersed in screenwriting, directing, sound design, cinematography, producing, pre-production, and post-production through an intensive series of collaborative and mentored projects designed to facilitate compelling, professional digital content. Additionally, our Collaboration Labs are programmed for all students and are built to foster interdisciplinary creativity.
Film as dream, film as music. No art passes our conscience in the way film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls. —Ingmar Bergman
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared to pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media production as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling, structure, technology and professional film production skills with a creative portfolio of original digital content.
- Master the command of the various team functions and roles in film, television and commercial production with professional best practices.
- Explore a deeper study in Directing that includes style, aesthetics, working with actors, set etiquette, script development and project management skills.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Digital Content program with a concentration in Directing will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally
produced content including:
- SILENT NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- FIVE MINUTE SYNC SOUND FILM
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
- BRANDED DIGITAL CONTENT
- 2 FEATURE LENGTH SCREENPLAYS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS
- PRODUCTION DESIGN PROJECT
- CINEMATOGRAPHY REEL
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURES
- SKETCH COMEDY SHORTS
- VIDEO EFFECTS AND MOTION GRAPHICS REEL
- FIFTEEN MINUTE NARRATIVE SHORT FILM MUSIC VIDEOS
- SPEC COMMERCIALS
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURE ON INFLUENTIAL DIRECTOR
- ADVANCED DIRECTING CAPSTONE PROJECT
You can do more with a degree in Directing than just direct Movies, TV Shows, and Commercials. You could also choose camera angles and actions as a Cinematographer. Decide the look of every background and set piece as an Art Director. Arrange scenes to tell stories in the most dramatic way as an Editor. Or heighten the cinematic experience with audio effects as a Sound Designer. A Directing degree is a path to all these incredible careers, as well as Creative Director, Digital Content Director, Broadcast/News director, and more. Make the most of your unique creative vision with a degree in Directing.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.