Producing students also complete advanced studies in writing for television, original web series, new media, advanced script revision as well as a develop a television series idea including the pilot and series bible. All final short film projects at Hussian College LA Campus are mentored by industry professionals—who personally advise each student—from initial concept through final screening.
Hussian College offers numerous online platforms through our industry partnerships for selected digital content created by our Producing majors to have their work featured to a large global audience as well as exclusive studio internships only available to Hussian College students. Additionally, our Collaboration Labs are programmed for all students and are built to foster interdisciplinary creativity.
A film is—or should be—more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what’s behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later. —Stanley Kubrick
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared to pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media production as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling, structure, technology and professional film production skills with a creative portfolio of original digital content.
- Master the command of the various team functions and roles in film, television and commercial production with professional best practices.
- Explore a deeper study in Producing that includes independent film financing, distribution, featured case studies, low-budget film production and the Producer’s Perspective.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Digital Content program with a concentration in Producing will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- ORIGINAL SHORT FILMS
- SILENT NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- FIVE MINUTE SYNC SOUND FILM
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
- BRANDED DIGITAL CONTENT
- 2 FEATURE LENGTH SCREENPLAYS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS
- PRODUCTION DESIGN PROJECT
- CINEMATOGRAPHY REEL
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURES
- SKETCH COMEDY SHORTS
- VIDEO EFFECTS AND MOTION GRAPHICS REEL
- FIFTEEN MINUTE NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT ON INFLUENTIAL PRODUCER
- DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCER REEL
- FEATURE FILM CASE STUDY
- FILM FESTIVAL MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION CAMPAIGNS
- FEATURE FILM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- TELEVISION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT – SCRIPTED
- TELEVISION DEVELOPMENTPROJECT – UNSCRIPTED
Producers oversee many aspects of production. A degree in Producing could be your first step towards getting Motion Pictures, TV Shows, and Commercials done. With this degree, you’ll be qualified to manage and regulate costs as a Producer, Unit Production Manager, or Production Supervisor. But those aren’t the only doors open to someone with a Producing degree. You could also work in development as a Creative Executive. Or manage people’s careers as an Talent Agent or Manager. A degree in Producing gives you a flexible foundation to building the kind of career you envision.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.