Our Acting Program combines immersive training in acting for film and television with an exclusive business and general education core developed with our industry partners. Students earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree over the course of eight semesters at our unique California campus while powerfully preparing for success in the professional entertainment industry. Acting students take comprehensive sequences in acting, voice and speech, movement, camera technique, combat training, and business. The faculty is comprised of industry professionals and leaders who are passionate about craft, discipline, professionalism, life balance and artistic excellence. Our commitment to project-based learning, digital content production and mentored curation of each student’s creative portfolio creates a powerful entrance to industry for all of our graduates.
The main factor in any form of creativeness is the life of a human spirit, that of the actor and his part, their joint feelings and subconscious creation. —Konstantin Stanislavsky
Students Who Complete The BFA in Acting Program...
- Are powerfully prepared to pursue a professional acting career in film, television and theatre as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Identify and illustrate the collaborative relationship between the actor, text and audience in a range of social contexts, historical periods, performance styles and cultures.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong work ethic and readiness for the business demands of a career in the entertainment industry with practical entrepreneurship skills for producing their own work.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology, artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Enter the industry with a mentor-curated digital portfolio of creative work designed to advance their unique career goals and ambitions.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting program will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- ORIGINAL SHORT FILMS
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- SPEC COMMERCIALS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- SKETCH COMEDY
- ELECTRONIC PRESS KITS
- APPLIED WEBSITE CONTENT
- SCENE PRESENTATIONS
- LIVE PERFORMANCE
A degree in Acting lets you explore a lot of different career options. With this degree, you could become a Professional Actor for Film, Television and Stage (27-2011).* You could learn to teach others as an Acting or Vocal Coach (27-2012). You could also help identify new talent as a Casting Director (27-2012) or guide other actors’ careers as a Talent Agent or Manager (27-2012). You can use an Acting degree in other fields, too — as an On-camera Correspondent (27-3023), Stunt Performer (27-2099), or even a Motivational Speaker (27-3023). With an Acting degree from Hussian College, your future isn’t limited to just the stage and screen.
*These 6-digit numbers refer to the Department of Education’s Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) code, used to align instructional programs with occupational outcomes. Hussian College is committed to providing transformative path-to-career training for artists, performers, storytellers and entrepreneurs entering today’s dynamic content industries.