The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) that provides more than $14 billion in emergency funding to higher education. Of those funds, more than $6 billion must go directly to students in the form of emergency financial aid grants (HEERF-student share) for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 crisis. The U.S. Department of Education is requiring each institution to publish the following information.
HEERF Disclosures for Hussian College including the Hussian College, Los Angeles, Branch Campus:
- This is acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned the Certification to the U.S. Department of Education and commit to using no less than 50 percent of total HEERF funds received as Emergency Student Grant Funds.
- The total amount of funds that the institution has received from the U.S. Department of Education in Emergency Student Grant Funds equals:
- The total amount of Emergency Student Grant Funds distributed to students as of (12/31/2020).
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to receive Emergency Student Grant Funds.
- The total number of students who have received Emergency Student Grant Funds.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine both which students would receive Emergency Student Grant Funds and how much they would receive.
Initially, all students will receive a stipend to support internet connectivity related to the transition to online learning due to COVID-19 campus closures. For future distributions, students will complete attestations for need based support and will be awarded grants based upon being determined eligible for Title IV funding through completing of a FAFSA and applications approved by the financial aid department of the college.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Student Grant Funds.
Students are advised to monitor announcements from the institution regarding distribution amounts and timing as well as financial aid updates regarding the application process for need based grants.